A lot of people think a Modular Home is some sort of pod structure that’s made in China from some sort of exotic plastic materials, then shipped to Australia and plonked on a site.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
The reality is that Hunter Valley Modular Homes are built right here in our factory on the Central Coast. Our homes are built using the exact same techniques and materials as homes that are built “on-site”. (Except for boring old bricks of course). This means timber or steel frames, fibre cement or timber cladding, good quality insulation, plasterboard internal linings, ceramic tiles and even stone benchtops. Everything you’d expect in your home is available.
The main differences are:
- Modular Homes are built undercover, in a quality-controlled environment that’s not affected by rain. This type of construction is the way of the future.
- They are typically built much faster than site-built homes.
- They are more economical…so you get more bang for your buck.
- Site works are kept to a minimum. Yes, some concrete footings need to be poured in place but once your new home arrives it’s mostly complete with only a few finishing touches to go.
- Your houses frame is never left exposed to the elements because it’s already way past “lock-up” stage when it arrives.
So, if it’s important to you that your new home is built to suit your custom requirements, to your budget, and in a reasonable time period…maybe you should consider stepping into the future of building and selecting a Modular Home!